The summer season brings a welcome opportunity for outdoor Sunday services, picnics and festivals. They provide a wonderful occasion to fellowship in a fun and festive outdoor atmosphere. Often such events include entertainment options such as inflatable attractions. While inflatable attractions are a popular choice for church gatherings, they are a risky proposition for a religious institution. The reports and statistics on inflatable related injuries and deaths are alarming. It is recommended that you start by contacting your insurance provider for policy guidelines, limitations and requirements before finalizing your summer plans.
Hire a professional inflatable company
- Obtain proof of insurance from the company you hire.
- Require a trained employee of the vendor to set-up, operate and tear down the equipment.
- Research the safety record of the company and employee assigned to the event.
Manage the attraction
- Is the attraction secured and tethered to the ground?
- Is the area properly padded i.e., soft grassy areas not hard concrete surfaces?
- Is the hired employee alert and enforcing the safety guidelines (weight, capacity and age requirements)?
- Is the weather favorable?
Please visit our website at www.chuund.com and click on the “Newsletters” section for additional newsletters topics on summer festivals and inflatable attractions.