Youth Group Safety
As the new school year begins so too will church youth programs and activities. The youth ministry in a church is a large and vital part of a congregation. It’s an exciting and fun-filled way to impact the next generation of parishioners while offering a safe and supportive environment for them to meet new friends and engage in faith-based activities.
Please review your ministry’s guidelines for the proper and safe leadership of your youth group and related activities.
- Have all youth leaders, volunteers and adult supervisors been screened and have favorable background checks?
- Is every youth leader aware of church guidelines for proper adult/student supervision and contact?
- Have all youth activities been reviewed for safety and meet insurance requirements?
- Have fundraisers been reviewed by the church leadership and insurance professional for hazardous liability exposures?
- Are mission-related overnight trips approved by the board, parents, and insurance carriers?
Please protect your youth and serve them well on their quest towards spiritual growth and development.