Church Insurance

Insure Your Non-Profit
Insure Your School

 Coverage is available in 44 states.

Church Underwriters, a division of Convelo Insurance Group, LLC

(800) 869-8904
(651) 771-3850
(651) 771-3551 - fax

342 East County Road D
St. Paul, MN 55117

church insurance Frequently Asked Questions By Agents
It�s How Church Insurance Is Supposed To Be - Easy, Affordable & Comprehensive


1) What do I need to do to become appointed with you so I can get a quote and write business with Church Underwriters, Inc?

You do not need to be appointed to get a quote from us. You do need to be a legally licensed property and casualty agent in your state. If you are successful with our proposal and request coverage, we will need a standard brokerage agreement signed. Our only major requirement is that you carry at least $1,000,000 agent�s E&O coverage.


2) What do I need to do to get a quote? 

All you need to do is complete and forward a Church Underwriter�s application.  This can be downloaded from our website. You may be asked to complete supplemental applications in addition to our application based on unique coverage your church may require.  These will be faxed to you once we receive and review the Church Underwriters application.  We also need Acord applications for auto, workers� compensation, umbrella and inland marine.


3) How many days does it take to get a quote? 

It normally takes five to ten working days after we get completed applications. We can sometimes be flexible if you need a rush quote.  Turn around time is principally determined by the complexity of the file and the carrier.


4) Where can I get an application? 

Our stand alone application or Acord supplement can be downloaded from our website.

Go To Application Site


5) Where can I email photos and/or applications? 

Please send them to our underwriter, Erik Walseth.

Contact Erik


6) What is the commission paid? 

The package policy is 10% new and renewal. Other coverage such as workers compensation, auto and umbrella vary by carrier selected.


7) What carriers are you using? 

Carrier availability varies by state, coverages required and underwriting guidelines.


8) Is sexual abuse and molestation coverage available? 

Most of our carriers offer the coverage subject to favorable underwriting.


9) Can you insure 12 or 15 passenger vans? 

Yes, if the vehicle is titled to the church and subject to favorable underwriting.


10) Do you write anything besides churches and synagogues? 

In addition to houses of worship, we can also write religious camps, religious schools and non-profit organizations.